Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our 4th of July celebration

Right as we were waiting for the fireworks to begin this 4th of July, Tyler and I were sitting in lawn chairs chatting and the baby really started to kick. Tyler came over and put his hand on my belly and the baby kicked him. Tyler looked at me Wide-Eyed and said,
"Was that it!?, Woa, that was So Weird!, that was so Weird"
:) I started laughing. He felt him kick a couple times, it was so cool. A great memory for the 4th of July. And as the fireworks were getting ready to start, Hank had really settled down quite a bit... but as that first firework let out with a large BANG, it really startled him (poor baby) and I don't think I've quite felt him kick that hard! He continued to kick as it was seriously loud. The show was short and sweet as some bush shortly caught on fire and they decided to just light off all the fireworks right away (a great grand finale) so that then they could put out the fire after finishing the show.
Each day more and more I am starting to wonder what this little guy is going to look like. Since the baby is male I've wondered a lot, will the baby look more like Tyler, or more like Josh (who is like my twin in features). Will the baby get Tyler's stocky build? Have my eyes and ears? Tyler's mischevious smile? I can't wait to find out! So many fun things to wonder about. And we finally broke down and got us a video camera so that we could capture the birth on film. We figured we would need it and that there will be many more memories we would want to catch on this family investment, we are so excited for this child's future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun addition to the web site you guys make me feel so good when I come here and get to share in what is happening it is as good as being there but almost ...

Thank you for taking the time to let us all in the fun

Love gma nana

Lindsey said...

Mom,

You are so cute. I am glad that it helps you feel a part of the fun. We love to share! :) In time, you'll see us soon... and before long, the baby too. YEAH.

Love you,

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

wow talk about two beautiful babies
your kid is going to be absolutely handsome....

Lindsey said...

:) I see these two pictures and I just get so excited in wonder of what he'll look like. He's gonna be such a cute kid. Well I think every parent thinks that their child is adorable. I can't wait.
So cute!

Love you, Linds