Tuesday, October 14, 2008

12 DAYS LEFT AND A LOT GOING ON

So we have passed the 38 week mark... and there are 12 days left. Guess what??? I am uncomfortable! :) I feel like I've done really really well thus far. I haven't complained much... in fact, I was even saying before this week that I didn't care if Hank came 2 weeks late. Well, now I care. :) Go Figure.
I am tired of these uncomfortable contractions, tired of waddling because my pelvis hurts, and just plain tired because I'm either up at night ready to puke or can't sleep because my heartburn makes me want to puke. Am I cranky? Of course not... :) I'm just a large pregnant woman that is dang ready to have this kid.
I actually stayed home from work today because last night I only had 2 hours of sleep before it would be time for me to get up and go to work. I paced the house wondering whether or not to go to the hospital because of my contractions and nausea... then I would walk to Tyler's side of the bed see him sleeping comfortably (debating whether to wake him) and then figure that if I took a shower maybe it would help with my contractions and/or nausea. Needless to say 3 showers later, a whole lot of pacing and nothing but sleeplessness... I decided to call in to work.
How am I?
READY.
So at least I seem to think so. No rush. I want the baby here when he is suppose to be. Could that be now? I hope so. Things seem to be progressing. The doctor said Friday that I was dialated to 1.5, which I think now is at a 13.5 based on my contractions. :) Perhaps not. However I wouldn't be surprised for him to tell me I'm at a 4 on my next visit Friday. I believe that this baby will be here by Sunday the 19th. Either that or he sure is giving me a run for my money.
Here I am, 38 weeks and Ready:


And this picture is showing off the shirt that Tyler surprised me with. Some people all over the valley from Superstition Springs mall to Schnepf Farms have gotten a real kick out of it:

Tyler seems to be having a lot of fun with this pregnancy... (buying shirts like these, playing with things he shouldn't in the doctors office - like rather large Q tips, and one of my favorites: Ty will grab on to my poor swollen feet and press in on them so they look dimpled in about 1/2 inch like memory foam. Thanks babe, for making life interesting. :) Love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. I cant wait either. My little boy will be here before I know it :) yahoo

Stephanie said...

HAHAHA love-love-love the shirt!! And for what it counts~you look adorable even tho' you prolly don't feel adorable!! lol. I've been there and as hard as it will be, soak it all in cuz' I swear you blink and they're 3 years old!! ha!! Love ya and you're in our prayers!! :)

Lindsey said...

Ty,

I love you... should be any day now. :) Hooray!

Lindsey said...

:) Thanks for the prayers Steph... we'll be keeping everyone updated.
Love, Linds

Anonymous said...

You are to dang cute! You look great and very very preggy. Hank will take after his daddy he gave me a run for the money. He was very large and I looked like you do now. Hang in there babe he will be here soon. Love to ALL of you and Tyler and Hank to. LOL.

Mom

Lindsey said...

Thanks Mom,
It can be very tiring... but I'm hoping that all this "progression" means that it will not be too much longer before he's here.
I'm sure the pain will be worth it... only right now it stinks. :)